The Head of Mission is Ambassador Fabrizio Nicoletti.
The Ambassador of Italy to Panama is also accredited, with credentials of Ambassador, in Saint John’s (Antigua and Barbuda), Bridgetown (Barbados), Roseau (Dominica), St. George (Grenada), Georgetown (Guyana), Basseterre (St. Kitts and Nevis), Castries (Saint Lucia), Kingston (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) and Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago).
The functions of the Embassy of Italy in Panama include:
• represent Italy in the Republic of Panama and in the other States of secondary accreditation;
• look after the interests of Italy and its citizens, within the limits allowed by international law;
• negotiate in the cases envisaged with the Governments of the Host State and the States of accreditation;
• inquire about the conditions and evolution of events in the States of competence and report to the Italian State;
• promote friendly relations and develop economic, cultural and scientific relations between Italy and the Republic of Panama, as well as with Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St.Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago.
Through its Consular Chancellery and the Honorary Consular Offices, the Embassy also provides services to Italian and foreign citizens residing in the territory of its consular district, which currently also includes Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St.Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and the British territories of Anguilla and Montserrat
For Italian citizens residing in secondary accreditation countries and for information on these countries, please consult the Accredited Offices page